VACANCY: Skipper/Maintenance Manager
The New Zealand Sailing Trust is looking for Skipper/Maintenance Manager.
The New Zealand Sailing Trust was inspired by the adventures of Sir Peter Blake, and his racing teams. We exist to ensure that key yachts from that history are preserved and sailing adventures are developed and run on board to help inspire the next generation.
The NZ Sailing Trust is seeking a Skipper/ Maintenance Manager to deliver the trust’s sailing programme to youth, community organisations and corporate charters and to maintain and develop the trust’s maintenance programme for the trust’s vessels.
The NZ Sailing Trust is a not for profit Charitable Trust that owns and operates two iconic sailing vessels Steinlager 2 (84ft) and Lion New Zealand (80ft).
Core competencies you will require:
· Skippers Restricted Limits Ticket (SRL) with a P Endorsement, <24m endorsement or >24m <500GT endorsement, big boat sailing experience or a ring-fenced equivalent
· Offshore Medic Qualification
· Ability to manage/complete the maintenance of our vessels
· Experience working with, instructing and relating to young people.
· Appropriate level of medical and physical fitness for carrying out the required work
· Minimum of First Aid Certificate (coastal medic preferred)
· Ability to keep timely and accurate records
· Good communication, time-keeping and personal presentation.
Operating in the Great Hauraki Gulf, you could be away for upto five nights on a sailing. You must be able to demonstrate a skillset to sail a large Maxi, manage and lead a small team of crew and have a passion for sailing and working with youth.
For more information email: email@example.com or contact him on 022 424 5055