We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site, and we do this so that we can:
- help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- help us create content that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
Ordering/Purchasing/Renewing. You will have to complete an online form. During this, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address, phone number, email address, and credit card number. We never store your credit card number. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfil your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for a competition; to request us to notify you of new products or if a product has come back in stock; or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers.
Cookies and Other Technology. Like many Site, the Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
Internal use: We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Site’ content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use and the other use described in this Section 2, we may share your information with affiliates under Boating New Zealand Ltd control.
Communications with you: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for a competition; to request us to notify you if new products arrive or come back in stock; or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
External use: We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under Boating New Zealand Ltd control, except that:
- As do most catalogue and Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as NZ Post and various courier suppliers) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, the Site facilitates a link to a secure third-party payment gateway for payment processing.
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and Region/City of any competition winners.
What are cookies? Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
Third-party cookies: In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
Boating Magazine New Zealand Data Security
- The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) (or a link to a third-party payment gateway with SSL) for all financial transactions through the Site. Access to your personal information is restricted to Staff and our third-party companies mentioned above. Only employees or our third-party companies mentioned above who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you purchasing a subscription on the Site, you access secure servers that are kept by Chargify.